I need to organize my iris folding patterns - that will be next on my list. As I went through them I decided to make up a card. This scottie pattern is courtesy of Sarah from Circle of Crafters. I wanted to add some plaid ribbon but I didn't have any so I used my Score-It just to add that little bit of definition in the score lines around the design. There is a new tile technique over at Technique Junkies that has got me pulling out my Score-It which gave me the idea for a quick border on this one. The cuts are not super tricky but my x-acto is starting to dull so I had to go back over quite a few sections. A sharp blade is one of the number one musts for iris folding. I used poly satin ribbon for the design itself.
I looked over the tile I embossed with the SU Irridescent Ice. Just some notes: 1) it looks better if the image colored below pt is lighter rather than darker - I have both shades in the piece and the dark section doesn't look so good, 2) this actually dries to a rough texture - you can feel the glitter rather than a smooth embossing. I haven't decided if I like this effect or not. Still looks cool but a big note to self to cover my scanner with a transparancy before scanning anything made with this. I may give this a go again tomorrow. Stay tuned.